In accordance with its duty under Section 2 (30) of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, and in fulfilling its obligations to employees, visitors, neighbours, contractors and the general public who may be affected by its activities the Directors of Union Track, have produced the following Statement of Policy in respect of health and safety welfare concerns.
It is the aim of the Directors, so far as reasonably practicable, to ensure:-
1. The working environment of all employees is safe and without risks to health and that adequate provisions are made with regard to the facilities and arrangements for first aid and welfare at work.
2. The provision and maintenance of plant and systems of work that are safe and without risks to health.
3. That persons who are not in our employ but who may be affected by our activities are not exposed to risks to their health and safety.
4. Information, instruction, training and supervision are provided as necessary to secure the health and safety at work of all employees.
5. Arrangements for the use, handling, storage and transportation of articles and substances for use at work that are safe and without risk to health.
6. Adequate information is available with respect to articles and substances used at work dealing with the conditions and precautions necessary to ensure that when properly used they present no risk to health and safety.
7. There is a suitable provision for safe access and egress to and from all working areas.
The Directors have responsibility for the implementation of Health and Safety Policy and Arrangements.
Staff are reminded of the legal requirement to comply with Safety Policies and Arrangements.
In particular staff are required:-
1. To take reasonable care for their own health and safety at work and of those who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
2. To co-operate with their employer to ensure that they comply with any duty or requirement for health and safety, imposed upon their employer by law and contained within this statement and the Policy and Arrangements Manual.
3. Not to intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interests of health safety or welfare.
This document will be reviewed annually and if notified of any significant changes in legislation.